"Asia" systems - Nanoparticle synthesis by flow chemistry
Nanochemistry includes the synthesis, characterization, and reaction of materials at nanoscale. Nanoparticles can offer a wide range of advantages over regular materials including unique or superior properties such as magnetic, optical, physical, electric etc. Control of process parameters in nanochemistry is essential to ensure the desired shape, size, composition, surface structure, and thus desired properties. Key synthesis parameters include temperature, mixing, concentrations, and reaction time.
Performing nanoparticle synthesis: traditional batch chemistry systems, flow chemistry systems, or microfluidic systems.
Advantages of traditional batch techniques for nanoparticle synthesis
- Multiple sensors can be used for control (temperature, pH, turbidity, etc.)
- No particle size restrictions
- Easy scale-up
Advantages of flow chemistry techniques for nanoparticle synthesis.
- Fast and reproducible mixing
- Excellent heat transfer and accurate temperature control
- Suitable for optimization and product on the same system
How can Syrris help chemists performing nanochemistry?
Syrris offers a wide range of innovative batch and flow reactors for nanoparticle synthesis. The award-winning systems, designed by chemists for chemists, present multiple benefits which result in narrow particle size distribution and control over shape and architecture.
- Narrow particle size distribution: Excellent mixing and temperature control leads to improved homogeneity of particle size
- Rapid nanoparticle optimization: Process conditions such as temperature, time, mixing, reagent ratios and concentrations can be quickly varied
- Reproducibility and automation: Additions, mixing, temperature, etc. can be fully controlled in an automated fashion for seamless reproducibility
- Easy to use: All products can be assembled, maintained and cleaned without tools
- Simple scale up: Large range of reactor sizes (batch) and flow rates (continuous flow) provides the tools for moving from small-scale process optimization to production
- Nanoparticles not possible by other means: Nanoparticles previously unseen using batch techniques can be obtained in microreactors due to the high level of control
All “Asia” systems are available as either regular or advanced configurations to suit different requirements and budgets, and all systems include the Asia Syringe Pump as a common module.