MoticEasyScan - Digital systems for pathology and histology
THE PERFECT SLIDE SCANNER FOR HEALTHCARE, RESEARCH, DOCUMENTATION AND EDUCATION
Digitization of “classical” glass slide information is an essential approach for a more reliable, fast and efficient work in medical environments of cytology, histology and cytopathology.
The main advantages of a digital slide library are:
- Safe storage of confidential patient information
- Establishment of a database for long-term scientific work
- Easy day to day routine operation
- Sharing clinical expertise
Confidential samples remain protected, proprietary patient data are kept safe and easy to access. MoticEasyScan is an efficient instrument for producing and sharing high-quality images from different sources. Simple and easy, the implemented user-friendly software allows even inexperienced users a quick and reliable data acquisition.
Digitized slides are a fast and easily accessible tool for modern teaching. Hundreds of slides, some of them delicate, of historical origin or rare cases (single anomalies) can be presented in an identical quality to every student.
- No risk of broken slides
- Identical information for every student
- Database accessible 24/7
MAKE IT EASY – IMPROVING DAILY SLIDE SCANNING
MoticEasyScan uses a specially designed high-NA Plan Apochromatic objective (20X/0.75) to maximize its color fidelity and resolution power. Combined with a large 2/3″ CCD sensor, the MoticEasyScan is able to image large fields of view in a split second, while delivering image detail equivalent to a high power 40X lens.
The “progressive scan” mode ensures high mechanical stability by minimizing moving parts. Thanks to Motic’s Hardware Autofocus design, which utilizes a separate focusing camera, lengthy pre-mapping is no longer necessary – an essential step forward for faster image acquisition.
Customized scanning: “High Precision” Autofocus, Standard AF, “z-stack” or the “EDF” modes are available for maximum projection.
The slide trays accept a wide slide dimension tolerance – no specific glass slides are needed. Barcode scanning slide labeling is available to help the daily workflow. Once the sample on the glass slide is converted into a digital format, diverse image handling options can be accessed via the DSAssistant Viewer software:
- Management interface with slide thumbnails and metadata display
- Image adjustments for fine tuning
- Robust annotation options for slide markup
- Easy result quantification, measurements and counting
- Slide encryption for data security
- Synchronization functions for viewing of multiple images
- Export compatibility with many formats
To summarize the different systems capabilities:
- ES One = Direct to user (doctor, pathologies and frozen section application), only one slide scanning (fixed, non-upgradeable) w/o PC and w/o pre-loaded SW (get your own PC), comes with only scanning SW and Viewer SW to install in your own PC.
- ES Pro 1 = Single one slide scanner (with an option to upgrade to Pro 6, due to budget constrain) comes with pre-loaded SW PC with scanning SW, Viewer SW and Conference SW. Optional SW of Server Network System. Note : This model is not popular, mainly for no budget, for future upgrade to Pro6 with the Upgrade Kit.
- ES Pro 6 = (Same as Pro 1 but) with 6 slide scanning capability.
- ES Infinity 60 = (Same as Pro 6 but) comes with 60 slide loader capability
- ES Infinity 100 = (Same as Infinity 60 but) comes with 102 slide loader capability